AUTOMATED SOLDER BUMPING MACHINE FOR BALLPLACEMENT AND REWORK
Ultra – SB²
Ultra-SB2 is a customizable solder ball mounter consists of 4 units: robot wafer handling unit, flux printing unit, ball placement unit, and wafer level rework unit. Fully automated cassette to cassette ball placement process can be carried out with these 4 units.
2D inspection and wafer level rework prior to solder reflow to enable optimum bump yield on wafer up to 100%. The machine is capable of handling wafer from cassette to cassette, and the integrated 2D inspection is not only inspecting the wafer after ball placement, but also including pre- and post-placement stencil inspection to maximize solder bumping process control.
The solder balls are placed onto UBM pads of the pre-fluxed wafer and being fixed into position, enable high accuracy ball mounting especially for micro solder balls and fine pitch layouts. The wafer mounted with solder balls will be inspected again for missing, misplaced, extra solder balls and the rejects are removed and replaced prior to solder reflow. Ultra-SB2 is customizable to be integrated into existing manufacturing line via different wafer handling system to realize automatic wafer processing.
- Solder ball size: 60µm – 500µm
- Wafer sizes: 6”- 12”
- Pac pitch: 120µm – 1mm
- Robot Handling from cassette to cassette
- up to 40 Wafers/hour (8’’) 25 Wafers/hour (12’’)
- Low tooling cost
- Volume production & prototyping capability
- 100% pre balling wafer inspection and electronic wafer ink map update
- Integrated flux printing unit
- Integrated rework capability for yield improvement
- 2-D post balling inspection
Ultra – SB² Products & Applications
- Wafer Level Chip Scale Packaging (WLCSP)
- Flip Chip
- Fan-in and Fan-out WLP
- Bumping on Substrate